Mountains of the Moon Hotel is one of the best mid-range accommodations in Kibale National Park situated on a 5 acres landscape in Fort Portal town in the Western part of Uganda. It derived its name from the beautiful Rwenzori Mountains famously known as the Mountains of the Moon in Western Uganda.
The location of this hotel gives you scenic views of the Kibale National Park (13.5km from the Hotel) and the Semliki Game Reserve in Western Uganda. Also staying at Mountains of the Moon Hotel offers you an opportunity to sit a number of tourists centers like the Lugard Monument (29min walk from the Hotel), Rwenzori mountains National Park (18.4km) and the New Tooro kingdom palace(42min walk). You can as well go and enjoy golf at the Fort Portal Golf course (12m walk). Still base here and visit the Kibale National Park Visitor Information Center (34.4km) and L. Nyabikere which is only 23km from the Hotel.
Mountains of the Moon Hotel has got over 33 well-furnished, soundproofed and premium bedded rooms. Some of the rooms are single, Deluxe Double, Twin and Superior Double rooms. There are also Family rooms suitable for those that go as a family group or friends. Each room is equipped with a television, en-suite bathroom, separate sitting room, free toiletries and much more.
Facilities/amenities at the Mountains of the Moon Hotel
- Restaurant. The Hotel has got an outstanding Restaurant which prepares mouthwatering local and international dishes. The meals are prepared by experienced chefs in the country and served by smiling waiters/waitresses. Special dietary orders are also welcomed. The Hotel offers free daily English breakfast to its visitors. Barbecue grills are also made at the hotel.
- Bar/lounge. The Bar is a great one fully stocked with all kinds of soft and hard drinks. Feel free to enjoy a sip of your favorite cocktail from the outstanding bar.
- Garden. The garden is a great place where you can go and have breathtaking moments as you enjoy fresh fruits grown from the African black soils.
- Terrace. Reach out to the Hotel terrace and enjoy scenic views of the surrounding landscape and the nearby human settlements.
- Outdoor swimming pool. Cool off yourself in the sparking clear and clean water in the swimming pool. Feel relaxed as you enjoy your favorite drink as well as having scenic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Fireplace. Sit around the evening made fire in lobby and get to share your adventure stories with others.
- Business Center
- Designated smoking area
- Wheelchair accessible
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry/Dry cleaning services
- Housekeeping services
- Luggage storage
- 24hr front desk services
- Concierge services
- Tours Ticket assistance
- Meeting center
- Free Newspapers in lobby
- Airport transfer services
- Spa services
- Fitness Center
- Free ample parking space
- Pool table
Activities at Mountains of the Moon Hotel
- Chimpanzee Trekking. Chimpanzee Trekking is one of the major activities carried out here since the Hotel is situated in Kibale National Park which is famously know for harboring the biggest percentage of Chimpanzees in Uganda and East Africa as a whole. However, the park has also got a number of other primates and the people who go to carry out this activity base at the Mountains of the Moon Hotel in Fort Portal town.
- Chimpanzee Habituation. This is an interesting experience done at Kibale National Park where Chimpanzees are trained to interact with human beings and consider them as their friends but not their enemies. This is done by the help of trained game park guides and armed tourism police staff.
- Bird watching. Since the Hotel is situated in Kibale National Park, there are a lot of different bird species in the park. Some of them even go ahead cross park boundaries and are usually spotted in the Hotel premises. Some of these include the Eagles, shoebills, Uganda Kobs and many more. Bird lovers, Mountains of the Moon Hotel is the place to stay.
- Nature/Community walks. Get a chance to Tour the surrounding local community and interact with them. Get entertained by the locals through African Traditional music, Dance and Drama. Tour around Fort Portal town and get to know local people’s life style. Have you ever been ridden on a bicycle or a motorcycle? Use this chance to get this amazing experience.
For further inquiries about the Mountains of the Moon Hotel in Fort Portal or booking a Trip with Grandnexus Africa Tours, please feel free to contact us any time as we can’t wait to hear from you.