Heritage Safari Lodge is located in Pakwach, 370km from Uganda’s capital city, Kampala. It is located 270km on Kampala-Gulu highway and 100km on Karuma-Arua Road. The Lodge is located on the great North-South elephant Corridor that brought the Luo ethnic group, the Missionaries and the early Explorers in their quest for the source of Nile.
Heritage Safari Lodge is 5 miles away from the Tangi Gate of the Murchison Falls national park and offers the best game viewing experience of the big five and a wide range of wildlife including birds and butterflies. Heritage Safari Lodge provides the best opportunities for viewing the solar eclipse.
Heritage Safari Lodge offers very unique and comfortable Accommodation which consists of luxurious thatched en suite cottages and standard cottages as well as safari camp tents. Each of these cottages give guests 180 degree view to the East, the early morning sunrise and hot spring.
To the immediate South right from the cottages, the hot spring as it flows into the Nile, and to the West of the Albert Nile itself with the community in their canoes going about their daily routine. These private self-contained secluded cottages are traditionally designed in Acholi style. They have natural convection ventilation, traditional artefacts, en suite bathrooms which are standard or shared depending on the guests’ preference or choice.
Expect fresh percale linen, Room service, Laundry services and so much more…Trust me, you will have an experience of an African feeling of home at Heritage Safari Lodge.
As part of accommodation, Heritage Safari Lodge has got bandas which provide uninterrupted view of the Albert Nile and the surrounding green meadow of rolling Savannah where Hippopotamus and herbs of elephants can be viewed as you enjoy a sundowner.
Fire extinguishers, CCTV Cameras are installed everywhere to ensure 24/7 tight security at the Lodge. Not forgetting, there is free secure private parking at Heritage Safari Lodge.
Guests should expect different exciting activities carried out at the Lodge. These and more include;
- Nature walks
- Game drive
- A visit to Murchison Falls
- Riverside Breakfast
- Board Games
- A visit to the Heritage Hot Springs
- Music, Dance and Drama
The facilities at Heritage Safari Lodge are just an amazing experience. Some of these are;
- Picnic area
- Outdoor fire place where guests sit and be entertained in the evenings as they enjoy a sip of any drink from the amazing bar or playing board games
- Outdoor furniture where u can sit and relax after a long day as you enjoy a great view of the Albert Nile and the surrounding savannah
- Bar. This is well stock with different drinks to provide guests a chance to choose from the different varieties. Some are alcoholic and others are non-alcoholic depending on a client’s taste of preference.
- Restaurant. Trust me, Heritage Safari Lodge prepares mouthwatering dishes that will make your appetite raise higher every second. The taste won’t leave you the same. Servings include breakfast, lunch and dinner and the rest are prepared and served depending on a guest’s order. Both Local and Traditional dishes are prepared and most of the fresh food comes from the Lodge’s Garden.
Enjoy your stay and feel at home at Heritage Safari Lodge and enjoy the Acholi traditional hospitality.