Mweya Safari Lodge is located on a peninsular and in a heart of Queen Elizabeth National Park. It is surrounded by the magical Rwenzori Mountains known as the “Mountains of the Moon”. The Lodge is separated from the Mountains of the moon by the meandering Kazinga Channel where the water flows endlessly into two giant lakes, Lake and Lake Edward.
To the East of the Lodge, lies the guardians of the birth place of mankind, the Great Rift Valley hills.
Mweya Safari Lodge is a very beautiful and amazing place to stay. It is well facilitated with;
- Restaurant and Cuisine. Both Local and International fresh meals are prepared and served by highly experienced chefs. You can chose to dine from the elegant dining room or from the veranda as you view the surrounding savannah. For any special dietary meals, please let us know earlier and we inform the Lodge management.
- Swimming pool. Cool off after a long day in the park as you enjoy a cocktail in the infinity swimming pool. It is overlooking the Kazinga Channel with an assured excellent panoramic view of the Channel which separates Lake George and Lake Edward. Can even view and identify different wild animals cooling off in the water below.
- Bar. Its location gives a good panoramic view overlooking the Kazinga Channel and Lake Edward. Enjoy your sip as you view the shimmering sunset over the Lake whilst drinking a wonderful sundowner.
- The Mweya Information Center which contains excellent exhibits describing the National Park and Great Rift Valley surroundings.
- Business Center. Meet all your business needs in an executive way. The Center is has good internet access to enable you stay in touch wild the world at your leisure.
- Fully equipped, air conditioned Conference Room and an elegant boarding room service all your business and workshop needs.
- Gift shop. Get your loved one East African crafts and souvenirs from the Pearl of Africa.
The activities you should expect at Mweya Safari Lodge that will leave unforgettable experience for your visit include;
- Mountain Gorilla Trekking. This is carried out in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Tree climbing lions. Guests will have an opportunity to see lions of the Ishasha sector climbing the large fig trees in the remote Southern extremity of the Park. Get to see Cape buffalos grazing the Ishasha beautiful acacia studded savannah.
- Culture walk. This is a great opportunity to explore and enjoy the diverse cultural and traditional practices of the indigenous Tribes in the area. You will get to interact with the indigenous people.
- Bush Breakfast. This is served in one of the beautiful picnic spots while watching the Eagles soaring in the sky above the Kazinga Channel.
- Pelican point. This is a remote grassland lying in Queen Elizabeth National Park. Here, you will enjoy excellent views across Lake Edward. You will be taken through by an experienced guide to ensure you don’t get lost.
- And so much more activities…
Please feel at Home at Mweya Safari Lodge and get unforgettable unbeatable experience!!!